Schedule 1 of the Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW) set out how to call a general meeting of the owners corporation.
An owner must give written notice to the secretary of the strata committee that sets out the motion they want included, and the secretary must give effect to the requirement. An owner must also give at least 7 days of written notice to all owners, and included in the notice must be:
- A form of motion to confirm the minutes of the last meeting;
- A form of motion for election if required;
- A form of motion for each other motion to be considered;
- Whether a motion requires a special or unanimous resolution; and
- A statement of the voting rights.
For the meeting to take place, at least 25% of those entitled to vote must be present. Motions are decided according to the majority number of votes with each person being entitled to one vote per lot.